QA Inspector- NACE III – Refinery
Our client is a major Southern California Refinery.
They are looking for a QA Inspector- NACE III to oversee multiple projects simultaneously in their Los Angeles Basin area facility.
This person will also be responsible for:
- Conduct Field Audits to help ensure quality work is being performed and documented to a standard/procedure.
- Conduct documentation audits to ensure proper procedures are being utilized and recorded for future reference (documentation audit).
- Work with QM Shutdown Coordinator to be a resource for coatings work and follow coatings work to completion up to and including loading of QC documents and signing off QM Database.
Manage the RFI process for all Maintenance Organizations’ coatings work.
Monitor and provide guidance to the QC and third party inspectors to ensure they are following the guidelines of the QM manual.
Utilize RFI and Audit data in partnership with FER and DE to analyze and plan strategies to improve efficiencies and reliability.
- Provide input to QM shutdown Coordinator on coatings Audit plan for each shutdown and execute audit plan accordingly.
Provide SME level support to ETC, DE, RWPP and Maintenance organizations for coatings approval, procedures and ITPs
- Provide feedback to MTL’s and PM over the project and help build preventative action plans for all negative audits.
Ensure offsite vendor fabrication quality through shop visits and audits.
- Provide guidance and interpretation of the Refinery and Code standards, RI’s and Refinery Coatings Specifications.
- Develop and implement training as needed for Maintenance Organizations.
- Consult with Crafts to leverage thinking from all perspectives to improve decision making.
- Seek out new & improved Technology for Coatings / Insulation / Refractory.
- Provide input to Procurement on vendor quality and suitability for recertification and initial contractor approval.
- Perform QA shop visits for the coatings on piping and pressure vessels that are fabricated to ensure quality of vendor QC program.
Other responsibilities include:
• Provide technical support to Engineering for the design and selection of coating, insulation, refractory, and fire proofing systems.
• Provide technical support to field coating inspectors, especially related to troubleshooting application issues.
• Plan, coordinate, and perform required internal and external compliance inspections for tanks, vessels, columns, and piping at jurisdictional mandated intervals.
• Conduct coating, insulation, refractory, and fire proofing field application/performance and failure analysis.
• Evaluation of coating, insulation, refractory, and fire proofing contractors.
• Organize, develop, and execute turnaround coating, insulation, refractory, and fire proofing inspection test plans.
• Maintain compliance with company policies as well as applicable industry codes and standards to assure safe and reliable operation.
• Identify and solve problems.
• Participate in failure analysis to determine root cause and help develop long-term solutions to prevent repeat failures.
• Strong communication (oral and written) with Fixed Equipment Integrity Inspectors, Operations,
Maintenance and Engineering is required.
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) needed to maintain the Refinery electronic historical databases and move forward initiatives.
• Provide guidance on required coating repairs, replacement and/or upgrades to meet both corporate and industry standards.
• Periodically requires working beyond the 40-hour work week.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• NACE Level III Certified
• 5+ years of refinery or equivalent industrial experience
• One or more certifications: NBIC, API 510, 570, 653, 936
• Certified Welding Inspector
• Level I or II qualified in UT, MT, PT
• API 580 and/or experience implementing a Risk Based Inspection program
*Occasional travel required to coating shops, some out of state
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program (with employer matching), direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer