El Segundo, CA Posted: 5/6/2019
Our client is a major refinery in the Los Angeles area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are seeking a Testing Chemist to process sample testingl services at their El Segundo, CA refinery.
- Gas and Ion Chromatography testing
- Sample preparation/extractions
- Preparation of standard solutions.
- Perform preventative maintenance safety check lists and assist with parts inventory.
- Demonstrated ability to provide chemical information.
- Demonstrated skill in performing testing services for process streams, product specifications, etc. including data analysis/review.
- Demonstrated use of quality control/quality assurance principles and tools (e.g. control charts, SOPs…)
- High commitment to safety principles and practices
- Demonstrated teamwork, and communication
- Good attendance and safety records.
- BS in Chemistry Desirable
- Knowledge of QC/QA protocols, ASTM and refinery test methods
- Ability to identify and propose new research and technology development ideas in collaboration with other researchers and operations and engineering personnel
- Must be able to interface with other skill sets within research and project teams and effectively integrate key models and data in a timely manner to support team activities and decisions
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong reporting/analytical skills.
- Candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work within a diverse work team.
Already have an account? Log in here