Project Manager- Refinery LOPA/SIS
Our client is a major refinery in California area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets.
They are seeking a Project Manager for LOPA and SIS to support their teams current backlog of capital projects in Los Angeles County.
This will be a long term multi-year assignment.
This person will be responsible for:
- Lead the LOPA program in planning, designing, implementing, commissioning and validating new safety instrumented systems
- Lead pump improvement plan including design and installation of pump seals
- Work with Instrumentation, Operations and engineering contractor to meet SIL and operability requirements
- Provide spending forecast
- Generate funding request documents
- Give periodic updates on the LOPA program status
- Project manager with instrumentation and control experience with emphasis on Safety Instrumented Systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Have thorough understanding of ISA-84 (2004), Layer of Protection Analysis, Process Hazard Analysis, Quantitative Risk Analysis, SIL determination.
- Have thorough understanding of Functional Safety Assessment process
- Have basic understanding of pump seals
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Understand the project gate phases
- A minimum of 5 years refining engineering experience
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employe