Data Technician - Construction
El Segundo, CA Posted: 4/24/2019
Our client is a mid sized Construction Management firm who is nationally recognized for the quality of work they provide to their partners and clients. They execute on projects of all sizes, including billion dollar aviation expansion projects to facility improvement for government agencies. They are looking for a Data Technician to maintain data integrity of project information in Los Angeles, CA.
The data technician maintains database(s) through standard project management and other customized software, is responsible for accuracy, efficiency and retrieval of processed data, will proof material entered and generate data reports as required.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs data entry using word processing, spreadsheet or database commands and formats material as required. Prepares graphic exhibits using software for presentations and agendas.
- Enters, revises and/or combines materials such as budget, cost and other financial information; manpower and project staffing forecasts; and other data collection and analysis functions.
- Creates data directories/subdirectories for file and report generation retrieval purposes. Maintains paper and/or disk file of entered data.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks related to hardware/software or files technical assistance requests as necessary.
- Reviews discrepancies in data received, requests clarification or advises supervisor of issues related to data and performs data verification routines in accordance with company procedures.
- Interacts with departmental and other staff on matters affecting data and publications flow and makes recommendations for improvement or enhancement to job processes to ensure standards in data entry, collection and retrieval.
- Will occasionally perform scanning, copying collating and filing activities to support a Document Control or clerical staff, as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerBI is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Acrobat PDF is highly desirable
- Experience with Prolog Manager, Primavera Expedition or other large-scale software package is desirable
- Demonstrated experience with a graphics package, such as Photoshop, is desirable
- Proficiency in Crystal Reports is desirable
- Two to three years of experience working in data management
- Good written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here