Instrument & Electrical Planner– Refinery
Our client is a Refinery sitein The Santa Maria, CA Area.
They are looking for an I&E Planner to be responsible for scopes, plans, estimates, sequences, and arrange for materials and services for all approved notifications, projects and turnarounds. You will also assure all maintenance work complies with applicable safety, engineering specifications and standards, laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
This person will also be responsible for…
- Coordinating with the I&E, Maintenance, Measurement, and Rotating Equipment Supervisors to ensure the Region Maintenance Schedule is complete, accurate, and up to date
- Utilizing the Region Maintenance Schedule to manage company and contract resource allocation and ensure Maintenance personnel time off and overtime are managed effectively
- Utilizing the Region Maintenance Schedule to identify logistical issues and schedule conflicts and ensure all maintenance and project work are completed on time
- Assisting Engineering and Maintenance with estimating, planning, and scheduling maintenance and project work to minimize the impact to Pipeline and Terminal Operations
- Assisting the I&E, Maintenance, Measurement, and Rotating Equipment Supervisors with effectively managing the Region's critical equipment inventory and critical spare replacement plan
- Assisting the I&E, Maintenance, Measurement, and Rotating Equipment Supervisors with developing and tracking their assigned budgets
- Coordinating with the Cost Analyst on spend forecasts and accrual
- Collaborating with Engineering Services, other Planner/Schedulers, and applicable industry organizations to identify and implement best practices and new processes and tools in support of equipment reliability, planning, and scheduling
- Ensuring all personnel fully document failures, data, and work in SAP PM
- Coordinating with contractors to assign, schedule, and monitor status of their work
- Ensuring costs are correctly assigned
- Analyzing and reporting cost data and identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Coordinating with the Associate Planners to create job packets in SAP including fit for purpose details of scope and job steps
- Coordinating with the Associate Planners to ensure all material and service requests are provided on time
- Coordinating with the Associate Planners to maintain equipment data in SAP PM
- Evaluating material and service providers to ensure they provide professional quality services
- Completing all required training
- Supporting related inspections, audits, and Emergency Response activities
- Excellent computer skills required (i.e. Excel, Word, CMMS)
- Self-motivated, proactive, creative and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to interact with all levels of people in the refinery.
- Must be willing and able, with or without accommodation, to perform/comply with the following:
- Work overtime (including weekends, holidays, and possibly rotating shifts).
- Respond to emergency callouts during off hours, weekends, and holidays due to business necessity.
- Climb up to elevated heights.
- Wear fire retardant clothing and personal protective equipment (such as steel-toed shoes, ear/eye protection).
- Maintain face daily so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly.
- Work outside in inclement weather conditions.
- 3 or more years of heavy industrial experience.
- Proficient in planning and executing maintenance, preventative maintenance and project work.
- 5 years of instrumentation related craft experience
- 1 or more years of Maintenance Planning experience
- SAP experience in a maintenance planning capacity
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer