Senior Project Engineer - Refining / Petrochemical
El Segundo, CA Posted: 4/15/2019
Our client is a major refinery in the Los Angeles area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are seeking a Sr. Project Engineer to support small capital expense projects on a long-term basis at their El Segundo, CA refinery.
- Support the safe and incident free planning and execution of assigned projects in the $3-75 million range
- Support project framing, alternative development and selection, project development and execution, and post project evaluation.
- Coordinate all front- end work with the Project Manager leading up to the execution phase of the project.
- All detailed engineering, procurement, construction and start-up activities.
- Coordinate review & approval of design deliverables from engineering contractors.
- Cost and schedule of assigned projects, including timely and accurate cost and schedule forecasting.
- Establish objectives and expectations for implementation of all necessary company Process Improvement Methodology tools, including obtaining "Best Practical" FEL and Cost Index scores.
- Support the development of staffing plans for the project.
- Develop and facilitate engineering work order packages (EWOs) for Turnaround related scope.
- Set direction for experienced contract personnel.
- Contract and purchase order development and placement.
- Manage the OSHA PSM/MOC process.
- Develop project objectives for safety, schedule, cost and operability.
- Travel Requirements: 10%- Occasional travel to supplier, engineering firm sites (within a 20 mile radius of refinery site)
- Project supported expected for 2+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Chemical engineering preferred) required.
- 10+ years’ experience in a Design/Construction Project Management role required.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of successful project management practices.
- Proven ability to work in and foster a strong team environment with minimal supervision.
- Proven knowledge of refining facilities and integration of project work in these facilities required.
- Proven to be a strong safety champion who will lead the project in achieving "0" incidents and injuries.
- Experience with Primavera, MS Suite- OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Already have an account? Log in here