The Electrical and Instrument Designers are primarily responsible for designing electrical and instrumentation systems.
• Provides completed design packages that meet Safety in Designs requirements and Engineering Standards. Completed designs will be easily maintained and operated.
• Coordinates with I&E Engineers to determine job scope and generate design packages.
• Provides I&E design support for shutdown/turnaround projects, routine maintenance and small capital installations.
• Develops AutoCAD drawings from design sketches or vendor drawings and modifies existing CAD drawings.
• Supports the adherence to Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations.
• Collects as-built information from refinery process units to support drawing updates and/or design packages.
• Prepares construction documentation and drawings from scratch, sketches, or verbal instruction utilizing manual or computer-assisted drafting/design techniques.
• Performs field verification to develop and confirm design package accuracy.
• Performs related fundamental departmental support tasks such as updating computer lists, filing prints, distributing drawings, making simple calculations, proofreading reports, compiling Bills of Material, specifying equipment, etc.
• Utilize information from vendor prints, catalogs, technical manuals, company standards, and industry standards.
• Work products are readable and include all pertinent information, notes and job number.
• Forecasts project completion dates for sharing with customers.
• Keeps supervisor and project lead informed of progress.
• High School Diploma
• 5-10 + years of electrical design experience within the oil and gas industry –
• Proficiency in AutoCAD design software.
• Experience developing and maintaining Process Safety Management (PSM) regulated drawings.
• Working knowledge of National Electric Code and ISA standards.
• Drafting installation details for: motor control center single lines, electric room layouts, motor control elementary diagrams, connection diagrams, cable schedules, cable routing plans, control panel layouts, grounding (equipment and system), lighting, instrumentation loop sheets, instrumentation installation, and control system diagrams.
• Experience in developing field sketches and field wiring schematics to accurately redraw in AutoCAD.
• Ability to identify instrumentation and electrical equipment in the field.
• Ability to follow, modify, and develop flow diagrams, P&ID's, electrical schematics, and other drawings to create a functional design.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding and problem solving to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.