Project Controls Associate
Our client is a leader in performing difficult fast track projects including full EPC project delivery, turnkey construction, retrofits, upgrades, repairs, outages, and maintenance. They provide a comprehensive range of services for industrial plants and facilities in power generation, renewable energy and energy storage, the refinery and chemical industries, water and wastewater, oil and gas, and alternative fuels.
They are looking for a Project Controls Associate to support cost control and tracking activities with 20-25 concurrent small client projects in their office in Fairfield, CA.
This person will also be responsible for:
- Set up tracking systems from templates in Excel
- Track and Analyze project cost & progress
- Create and send out weekly cost and progress reports
- Creation of RFI’s and maintain log
- Create Change Order estimates with input from PM & FE
- Compile Change Order packages
- Attend various meetings with customers
- Assist with project forecast
- Assist with compiling documents for billing packages
- Work with PM to update project schedule
- Ensure committed costs for accuracy (committed vs. actual cost analysis)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Cost Control preferably in construction and/or a major utility entity.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- MS Office Programs experience also required (i.e. Word, Outlook, Project, Power Point).
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Business Administration preferred.
- Beginner to Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Project or Primavera P6
- Construction /Underground/Utility experience
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer