Buyer - Refinery
Memphis, TN Posted: 3/13/2019
Buyer to assist with TAR
Duties performed in the Supply Chain Department;
- Review and assign approved requisitions in SAP for Purchase Order issuance.
- Make adjustments to existing PO’s as required through corp SAP requests.
- Closing of aged purchase orders.
- Assist internal customers with procurements needs and questions.
- Assist external customers with procurement and purchase order issues.
- Assist accounting with payable questions and adjustments as they apply to PO’s.
- Assist TRACK personnel with PO adjustments as requested.
- Move requisitions when necessary/ re-route for approval when manager is out.
- Look for savings opportunities and report.
- Monthly reporting as requested by corporate office.
- Approximate number of PO’s issued on a non-turnaround month is 540.
- Approximate number of line items issued on a non-turnaround month is 1527.
- Approximate PO changes 1802 in a non-turnaround month.
- Ordering and scheduling of all chemicals (Salt, KOH, Sulfuric Acid, HF Acid, Bleach, Amine, Atapulgus Clay, Catalyst)
- Rental Equipment
- Ordering Nitrogen Services.
- Work with Operators and companies on setting up chemical deliveries.
- Schedule Hot Shot deliveries and deliveries for all PO’s when necessary. (Cap Logistics, Excel)
- Setting up annual Baseload, Blanket and Framework PO’s.
- Perform all site contract duties.
- Create new agreements and amend existing agreements as requested.
- Work with site management to determine agreement needs.
- Pre-qualify vendor for potential agreement (determine ISN/DISA/TWIC & TVTC requirements).
- Help determine potential annual spend.
- Enter all contract requests in V-Source.
- Work with vendors to gather the required information for an agreement.
- Negotiate LRM/ERM when applicable (this can require meetings and/or conference calls with vendor).
- Put together agreement.
- Prepare the routing slip and organize all documentation to send to corporate.
- Meet with vendors.
- Attend vendor sponsored meetings.
- Funnel procurement phone calls from planners/vendors.
- Review reqs pending approval.
- Answer contract question from in-house and look up vendors for the requisitioner.
- Watch activity of requisitioners to make sure they are “Power Requisitioners”.
- Advise requisitioners on req writing.
- Adjust PO Limits as required per req approval and relay on PO.
- Backfill each other when absent.
Refinery Services handled in Supply Chain Department;
- Coffee Service
- Office Furniture
- Office Supplies
- Uniforms/ Uniform reorder, changes (Time Consuming)
- Reviewing the invoice and approving payments
- Vending Services
- Vendor Setups
- Handle Special Events
- Steering Team
- Handle most all Lunch-n-Learns
- EOC, (Logistics Chief)
- Weekend Duty every weekday night and weekend
Already have an account? Log in here