Claremont, CA Posted: 2/15/2019
Our client provides fully integrated EPC services to the onshore and offshore oil and gas community, on a global scale. Their team in Southern California specializes in the areas of LNG, Ethylene, Petrochemical, and Refining. They are seeking a Sr. Expeditor to join their team of professionals.
With minimal supervision, monitor, report and mitigate the performance of suppliers’ in terms of delivery schedule in order to prevent any delay and when applicable, develop and implement the appropriate recovery plan to improve delivery. The Expeditor checks that the documentation received in connection with the orders entrusted to him / her are complete and takes into account any information and suggestion relevant to supply criticality. The Expeditor may also coordinate or liaison with traffic and logistics to ensure the proper transportation mode, documentation, transit, etc. is performed. The Senior Expeditor receives day-to-day work direction and reports operationally to the Project Procurement Manager within the assigned project and functionally to the Expediting Supervisor and Manager of Expediting.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops an Expediting plan and methodology in accordance with established project procurement execution plan (and participates in the development of the project procurement execution plan if required)
- Takes accountability for the suppliers’ compliance with the contractual delivery dates ensuring timely submittal of accurate contractual documents such as drawings, databooks, shipment notices, as built documents etc
- Mentors Expeditors and assists in their onboarding and development
- Executes the electronic receipts for standard PO’s on the ERP system and coordinates the review of any work confirmations for complex PO’s and ensures the work confirmation is approved appropriately
- Participates in supplier pre-production kickoff meetings to ensure all parties understand all requirements.
- Performs desk top and field expediting activities as appropriate to the supply criticality and suppliers performance
- Coordinate shop expediting activities including the use of 3rd Party Shop Expediting Agencies.
- Serves as the single point of contact to the Suppliers’ for all supplier progress reports and schedule updates and ensures updates are effectively communicated to the relevant stakeholders like the buyer, the project procurement manager, the relevant engineer or project manager.
- Coordinates the weekly/monthly progress meetings with the Suppliers’ and project and logistics stakeholders and keeps track of any progress KPI’s
- Prepares and issues necessary expediting related reports and other necessary functions in support of projects.
- Coordinates with Inspection on any schedule changes to the Inspection Test Plan(s)
- Expedites the timely reviews of suppliers documents in accordance with the contractual requirements
- Other duties as may be required
Already have an account? Log in here