EHS Senior Project Manager
Our client is a growing environmental consulting firm – a firm of dynamic, motivated, and entrepreneurial technical experts. They are known for resolving sustainability, compliance, remediation and restoration needs for the most significant industrial businesses and agency sector organizations. They have a strong team of technical leaders and an impressive portfolio of clients.
They are seeking an Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance Senior Consultant to manage projects and work with leadership to grow our EH&S Compliance team and clientele. This is a doer-seller role with broad management responsibilities in their office in Long Beach.
This person will be responsible for:
- Develop and oversee Environmental, Health and Safety compliance programs.
- Develop client relationships and act in a seller/doer capacity, developing new clients and selling services to existing clients.
- Assist clients with their compliance programs, including responding to enforcement actions and developing environmental management systems.
- Help industrial clients meet current and anticipated regulatory requirements such as those imposed by AQMD/APCD, EPA, DTSC, CUPA, Cal/OSHA, State and Regional Water Boards, and Sanitation Districts.
- Audit environmental compliance to support senior-level assessments of industrial operations and commercial property – often in support of merger and acquisition (M&A).
- Interface with client environmental staff, review all environmental permits and applications, provide support to service operations, and review reporting as it relates to permits.
- Help clients systematize their environmental compliance programs.
- Generate environmental compliance revenue by developing new clients and markets as well as leveraging existing clients and company talent.
- Oversee staff and provide hands-on support for such regulatory programs as annual emission reports, RECLAIM reporting, toxic release inventories, hazardous materials business plans, annual storm water reports, etc.
- Spearhead internal thought leadership on EH&S trends and evolving requirements. Mentor junior staff on tasks described above.
- Review and interpret upcoming new and revised regulations to 1) identify upcoming requirements for existing clients, and 2) identify industry trends and emerging markets.
- BS degree in environmental science, engineering, or geologic sciences (advanced course work or graduate degree preferred)
- 6+ professional experience in environmental consulting and/or working in environmental compliance at a facility or plant
- Program and project management capabilities
- Well-established contacts in the West Coast Region
- Goal-oriented, high energy leader with strategic vision and an entrepreneurial spirit
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental (with employer contribution), Vision, 401k program (with up to 3% employer matching), cafeteria plan, direct deposit, PTO and more.
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer