Electrical Engineer - Power - Petrochemical
Torrance, CA Posted: 9/12/2018
Our client is a major refinery in the Los Angeles area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the western United States. Operates an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are seeking an Electrical Engineer with power system design experience to support a variety of capital projects.
Job Description Summary:
- Electrical Engineer provide leadership, technical expertise and business perspective in all areas related to the plant's electrical systems.
- This position is responsible for preventative maintenance programs, coordination of improvement and new projects and cost/budget management.
- Works with operating and maintenance teams to drive continuous improvement and reliability of electrical components, equipment and systems. This position is within the Technical group.
- Electrical Engineers may also have instrumentation related responsibilities.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide technical expertise for troubleshooting of refinery equipment, including power distribution systems, motor controls, switch gear, UPS systems, and substations
- Responsible for electrical systems design, specification, installation, testing, and start-up
- Project duties include design development, construction scope, drawing preparation, construction support, and start-up supervision
- Responsible for maintenance support and reliability of existing electrical equipment
- Assist with maintenance planning and execution of major equipment repairs and unit turnarounds as needed
- Participate in refining electrical reliability network, industry technical societies, and support engineering standards maintenance and development
- Manage and coordinate capital projects associated with plant upgrades and expansion
- Coordinate and supervise work of contractors including liaison with vendors
- Interface with external Power Agencies
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Medium to High Voltage experience
- 5-7 years of refinery or related industry experience
- 3 years of experience in power distributions systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial safe work practices and standards (IEEE, ANSI, NEMA, ISA, and API)
- PE a plus
- 5-7 years of refinery or related industry experience.
- 1+ years of experience with plant start-ups and troubleshooting of complex control and operational problems.
- Strong safety focus with demonstrated knowledge of code requirements, including OSHA and Process Safety Management.
- Excellent leadership, planning, organizing, written and oral communication skills.
- Computer proficiency with applications for word processing, spreadsheets, databases and SAP.
- Demonstrated project management abilities to complete complex assignments in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to meet project schedules and costs with minimal supervision.
- Experience with reliability program development.
Already have an account? Log in here