Construction Cost Estimator
Our client provides provides multi-discipline engineering and design services, lean project management tools, aerial drone and land surveying services, regulatory and permitting strategies, and subject matter expert consultant services to our clients across multiple industries.
They are looking for a Construction Cost Estimator will be responsible for:
- Review all bid plans, specifications, and notes required for an estimate.
- Develop detailed take-offs for estimate quantities and material needs using on-screen software.
- Create RFQ for material quotes.
- Develop RFPs for necessary subcontractors.
- Qualify and verify subcontractor proposals and manage proposals.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates as identified in bid documents utilizing estimating software.
- Provide an organized and itemized cost breakdown of the estimate logic.
- Prepare a critical path schedule utilizing logic from the estimate.
- Ability to assist the client in developing lean methods to their bid or estimating processes.
- Utilize lean methods of construction to eliminate waste.
- Interact with clients and engineers to understand and incorporate project objectives, schedules, costs, permitting, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4-year college degree in Construction Management, Engineering, equivalent degree, or +/- 10 years of construction experience.
- Minimum 4 years of construction experience, preferably in the industrial sector.
- Extensive knowledge of industry practices, procedures, and market structure.
- An individual who is detailed oriented with the ability to focus and manage multiple tasks.
- Dedicated, well organized, able to plan, and can follow through on deliverables.
- Proficient with estimating software such as MC2, InEight, and Heavybid.
- Able to utilize software such as Microsoft Excel, Bluebeam Revu, Adobe, Navisworks, and Google Earth.
- Demonstrates professionalism and is driven to provide the best possible products to our clients.
- Has excellent leadership, communication, and written skills.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer