Norco, LA Posted: 11/12/2021
Project Engineer/ Project Manager
Client: Chemical Plant
Location: Norco, La
Duration: 6-9 months
Benefits: Health, vision, dental, 401K, Paid Time Off
Schedule: 9/80 (off every other Friday) OR 5/8's (M-F)
Education: BS in Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical)
- Capital Project experience using a gated work process for project advancement and authorization
- 10 to 20 years of experience as a Project Engineer/ Project Manager
- Capital Project experience in a Refinery or Chemical manufacturing complex required
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Project Manager has the primary responsibility for execution of Downstream Capital Projects from front end development (Assess, Select & Define phases) to detailed design and construction (Execute phase) including procurement, cost control and schedule management.
- Manages 8 to 10 simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various execution phases on a wide variety of manufacturing processes in the refining and chemical complex.
- Develops project scopes
- Facilitates project meetings to develop and review project scope, design criteria and discipline drawings.
- Oversees engineering execution utilizing either on-site design staff or local Engineering companies.
- Drives the approval by the appropriate technical authority of equipment specification and drawings.
- Works with Project Controls department to develop project cost estimates and schedules for each phase and for final funding
- Accountable for meeting project cost and schedule requirements
- Maintains budgets and schedule forecast with assistance from project controls.
- Works with site and corporate procurement to develop/implement a procurement strategy for each project
- Assists with development of equipment and material bid specification, bid evaluation and selection.
- Ensures delivery of specified equipment by facilitating shop inspections and factory acceptance testing.
- Coordinates personnel and Contractors to assure that field activities are completed safely, on time, within budget and in accordance with the design requirements.
- Sets the expectations for construction contractors by spending time in the field.
- Assist with mechanical start-up plans and procedures, provides technical support during start-up, supports training activities and assures documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Provides appropriate files to maintenance and operations for record keeping
- Creates or assembles all documents for project closure
- Closes project financial accounts
Already have an account? Log in here