Assistant Construction Manager
Our client is a diversified real estate developer and builder with expertise in land acquisition, homebuilding, community design, entitlements and office, R&D and retail development. Our client has secured and invested approximately $500 million in equity and has successfully entitled over 5,000 residential lots.
Our client is seeking to fill multiple Assistant Construction Manager positions in southern CA to support and facilitate completion of all aspects of a community"s homebuilding process, from trenching foundations through close of escrow, and be responsible for assisting with on-site construction and schedule adherence, management of trade partners, work quality, consistency and completeness, worksite safety and inspection, and homeowner communication.
This person will also be responsible for:
Construction Site and Trade Partner Management
- Assist the Construction Manager in the management of trade partners in the construction and completion of quality homes
- Ensure homes are consistently completed per schedule (daily starts, daily tasks and closings)
- Schedule and monitor trade partners during the entire construction process from start to close
- Schedule trades with applicable lead times and hold all trades accountable to schedule adherence
- Ensure trade partners abide by company policies and procedures, including Safety, OSHA and SWPPP compliance
- Complete daily schedule updates and inputs to the On-Location construction schedules
- Monitor subdivision cleanliness and hold trade partners responsible for daily clean-up
- Assist Construction Manager to execute all home deliveries 100% complete and signed off by COE by the homebuyer
- Ensure Quality Checkpoints are completed and provide daily status updates on the construction progress on each unit
- Develop positive external partnerships (i.e., trade partners, municipalities, building officials)
Homebuyer Experience and Orientation
- Monitor and resolve customer or construction concerns to facilitate smooth final closing process; continually strive for superior customer satisfaction.
- Assist in delivery of Pre-Construction and Pre-Drywall orientations with buyers and reinforce contact with buyer throughout the construction process
- Manage the options chosen for each home.
- Work with Customer Care to provide a consistent and effective homeowner orientation to ensure the buyer experiences a positive transition to their new home
- Participate in Community Teams and take ownership of construction matters/issues
- Work directly with the Sales and Customer Care with an emphasis on teamwork and customer satisfaction
Worksite Safety and Inspection
- Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies' regulations
- Assist with weekly safety meetings with other Construction Managers, staff and trade partners
- Support the implementation and maintenance of SWPPP for the construction site
- Monitor and support the permit and inspection sign-off process on a timely basis
- Responsible for inspection process in assigned homes; interact with VA, FHA, City, County, State and Conventional inspectors involved in the homebuilding process
- High school degree or equivalent required
- 1-3 years of direct, on-site experience in any construction industry/discipline.
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle various personalities and develop professional relationships
- Action-oriented, with the drive to push projects and tasks to successful closure
- Proven ability of being customer centric by seeking solutions from the customer's perspective
- Solid verbal & written communication, with the ability to accurately and persuasively communicate complex concepts
- A strong team player who works well within team-settings, is inclusive of other's ideas, and has a willingness to cooperate
- Capacity to make quick and accurate decisions based heavily on facts, data and/or metrics
- Process Driven
- Ability to listen, learn, adapt and change to institute new processes and procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Ability to conduct business in a professional and ethical manner with potential buyers, trade partners, external officials, and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company
- Construction Management vocational degree or certificate preferred
- 4-Year College degree preferred
- Proficiency in scheduling software such as Build Pro, Newstar, F.A.S.T., On Location, Vendorlink or other pertinent software
- Ability to clearly communicate with all applicable subcontractor trades, and all applicable internal departments
- Capable of or willing to quickly learn - reading, interpreting, and applying all necessary forms of plans and information i.e. architectural plans, structural plans, civil plans, utility plans and layouts, title-24, mechanical, landscaping, ADA etc.
- Complete Assistant Construction Manager Training Program and maintain OSHA, SWPPP, CPR and Fire Extinguisher certification
- Must handle the local travel required within designated region
- Work full-time schedule with flexibility for overtime when necessary
- Able to work the "On-Call" program when needed (respond to emergency calls or other issues outside of normal business hours)
- Attend weekly meetings with Sales Team
- Attend monthly field meetings with Operations Team
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Our client offers top level pay and bonus in addition to a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes 100 % of employee Medical coverage, Dental, Vision, 401k program, quarterly health & wellness reimbursement, Car allowance and more.
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer