Supports in-service operating systems to ensure continued operation and maintenance and optimization throughout. Determines, selects and implements technically feasible and economically viable alternatives for sustainment. Analyzes and evaluates how to improve a system and/or equipment's sustainability under continued operation, maintenance and unexpected change. Develops design changes to resolve operational issues, introduces new materials and revises product, process and test specifications to enhance product quality, design integrity, reliability and manufacturability. Collects and evaluates service use and maintenance data; conducts root-cause analyses of in-service problems (e.g., operational hazards, deficiency reports, parts obsolescence, corrosion effects, reliability and maintainability trends, safety hazards, and failure causes and effects) and implements corrective action.
- Evaluate, define, develop process control, instrumentation and automation strategy for the site.
- Address key risk for to optimize safe, reliable and profitable utilization of refinery assets in alignment with refining strategic plan for sustained improvement in refineries' performance.
- Function as an expert on the following the systems including distributed control systems (DCS), Programmable logic controller (PLCs), instruments, analyzers, and process control networks.
- Develop and establishes standards, guidelines and performance metrics to define, implement and promote optimal utilization.
- Leads or coordinates project planning, resourcing, staffing, supply and subcontract management, progress reporting, troubleshooting and people management
Required Qualifications – Education, Skills & Experience:
- At least 8 years of related experience. Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience. Master's or MBA degree typically preferred.
- Engineering degree or Technologist certification.
- Knowledgeable in multiple DCS platform including Honeywell, Schneider Electric, Yokogawa and Emerson