Piping Designer - CADWorx
Carson, CA Posted: 11/4/2021
Our client is a small but reputable full services engineering and design firm. They perform work in multiple environments ranging from refining, pipelines, biopharma, industrial, power, among others. Their clients include some of California's top energy producers and EPC contractors.
We are seeking a highly motivated Piping Designer with 10+ years of experience. This individual will have a strong proficiency in CADWorx and AutoCAD as well as significant experience designing piping systems within the refining and petrochemical industry. The ability to work well in a team setting, great organizational skills, and excellent communication is a must. They should display a firm understanding of design principles and how to apply them. The ideal candidate will have previous work experience developing 3D models and creating isometrics.
- Two-year technical degree and or/completion of mechanical design/drafting course.
- Strong knowledge of AutoCAD and previous work experience with CADWorx. Experience with point cloud software such as Cyclone is a plus.
- Prior work experience within the industrial or petrochemical industry.
- Ability to read P&ID"s and piping specifications.
- Ability to climb towers/structures.
- Experience with industry standards such as ANSI, ASME, ASTM, API, etc.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to write and speak English.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Utilize computer software including AutoCAD, CADWorx, Cyclone, CloudWorx, Photoshop, and others to develop drawings and other deliverables for design packages.
- Perform field verification of existing components and produce quality field notes.
- Develop of 3D models from which other deliverables such as material take-offs, isometrics, and plan drawings will be created.
- Work with and provide direction to CAD operators assisting with project deliverables.
- Work closely with other disciplines to insure continuity of design.
- Perform self checks and adherence to all company and client standards.
- Communicate adequately to supervision work progress, identify roadblocks, and seek out answers as needed.
Already have an account? Log in here