Cybersecurity/ IT Policy & Standards Writer
Baltimore, TX Posted: 10/28/2021
PTS is currently seeking a Cybersecurity/ IT Policy & Standards Writer for a long-term contract. This position is able to be performed remotely.
The Cybersecurity/IT Policy Writer is responsible for inventorying, developing and reviewing Cybersecurity, IT and business specific polices, standards and operational documents. The technical writer role will interface with all levels of staff and management within the IT organization, as well as communicate with the business units. The writer may assist will other related functions.
We are looking for a Technical Writer with experience in creating and maintaining a detailed library of policies, processes, and standard operating procedures to ensure ongoing and continual improvement of our compliance objectives.
Job Responsibility, Required Education, and Experience:
- Demonstrate expert technical writing skills, track record of logical and critical thinking, superior organizational skills, and excellent planning and time management skills.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with all levels in an organization.
- Regularly achieve milestones and deadlines.
- Utilize your superior understanding of the NIST Risk Management Framework, FIPS 199 and NIST Special Publications to interpret and synthesize information from multiple sources to address requirements in security compliance documentation.
- Demonstrate your use of plain language in past writing assignments to the current environment.
- Apply your understanding of current computer technologies and technical security requirements for the design, development, evaluation, and integration of computer systems and networks.
- Ability to develop, edit, review, and maintain IT/Cybersecurity/Business Security policies, plans, procedures, and other documentation to clearly demonstrate compliance with Federal requirements.
- Inventory policy set and make recommendations based on experience.
- Review written correspondence and artifacts to ensure final delivery is understandable to a first-time reader who possesses little knowledge of materials
- Ensures the consistency and use of proper technical terminology
- Develop tracking repository, lead the approval, and review process
- Must be a self-starter requiring little guidance
- Must be comfortable interviewing individuals that they have never met before
- Solid interviewing skills to acquire information gathering to craft a policy or procedure
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- Working knowledge in the Oil and Gas industry a plus
- Working technical knowledge of industry best practices and commonly used frameworks & standards (e.g., NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-171, ISO 27001-2, SCADA)
- Working knowledge of system control polices, access control, system hardening, backup policy, change management, guest wireless policy change, password vault password, Information security policies to name a few is a plus.
Already have an account? Log in here