Geismar, LA Posted: 10/13/2021
Location: Geismar, La
Duration: 1 year 4 month position but could go longer.
Schedule - 4/10s (M-THUR, Fridays Off) unless in TA
Start Date: Nov/Dec
Experience: Minimum 5 years planning experience in a petrochemical facility. Seeking someone with experience planning for mechanical, piping, and vessels.
The Turnaround Mechanical Planner develops detail job plans for mechanical resources according to client's turnaround schedules and work lists.
- 5 years' experience in maintenance/ turnaround, preferably with experience in industrial outages, exchangers, vessels, towers, pumps, hydrotesting and pipe fabrication
- 3 - 5 years of planning and cost estimating
- Understanding of Pressure Equipment and Internals. Ability to ready equipment drawings and create a clear concise plan. Able to identify Equipment & Piping materials/material take offs. Demister Pads, Tower Trays, Clips, Bubble Caps, Pall Rings, Etc.
- Understanding of U1 Reports, ITP's (Inspection Test Plans from QC) and knowledge of different inspections ie. UTT, PAUT, EC, Etc.
- Experience with piping design and understanding of ASME B31.3 and ASME B31.1 a plus
- Experience with P&ID, ISO's and piping specs,
- Develop and compile Job Packages for field execution team, containing drawings, work scope, safety plans, etc.
- Review fabrication isometric drawings to be issued for construction.
- Review data packages prior to sending out quotes to vendors to assure client specifications, correct materials, compliance and testing are met on fixed equipment, piping, valves, etc.
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Suite; Excel and Maximo are a plus.
Already have an account? Log in here