PTS Advance has a full-time opportunity for a Construction Superintendent. This position will provide field construction management for commercial and industrial construction projects from pre-construction through completion and close out for a Southern California-based Project Management/Construction Management firm.
The Superintendent position is a full-time role to provide field construction management and coordination for various types of construction projects, supporting the company's varied roles as owner's agent/project manager and construction manager. The Superintendent reports to either the Senior Construction Manager, Project Manager, or Project Director, depending on the organization of the project.
The Superintendent must possess exceptional organization and communication skills and have a firm understanding of the construction process on commercial or industrial projects. Required background includes 10-15 years of experience and increasing responsibilities in commercial and industrial construction management.
The position requires excellent team management skills, technical and logistics problem-solving acumen, and proven success in coordinating field activities of the general contractor, trade contractors, owner-direct vendors, safety personnel, inspectors, and agency officials. The position requires proficiency with critical path method (CPM) scheduling, 3-week look-ahead schedules field reports, construction document organization, contractor RFIs and submittals. Candidate should have at least intermediate skill levels in commercial project management software, including scheduling, cost management, interpreting blueprints and RFIs, and document control. Field construction experience with a general contractor and/or trade contractors is a plus.
- Support the Project Manager with pre-construction planning.
- Coordination with approving agencies to confirm site requirements prior to mobilization.
- Communicate daily and weekly field activities to the owners or client representatives.
- Oversee the site mobilization of general contractor, trade contractors and field personnel.
- Enter daily reports into project management software, including progress photos.
- Attend OAC meetings and support the Project Manager with information distribution and action items.
- Prepare 3-week look-ahead schedules as required.
- Process contractor RFIs and follow-through for responses.
- Provide on-going communication between all parties in the field and the Project Manager.
- Coordinate on-site safety requirements to ensure best-in-class safety procedures are always implemented by construction crews.
- Perform field reviews to help ensure construction is in compliance with approved design documents.
- Support close out process, including coordination of contractor close-out documents.
- Provide input and recommendations for improving Company processes, procedures and service delivery.
- Represent the Company reputation and brand by conducting oneself with the utmost professionalism and integrity in all job duties.
- BS Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field, or documented equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of construction project management experience, including roles as field project engineer, field construction manager, trade contractor, and/or prime contractor.
- Experience performing direct oversight of trade contractors and general contractors.
- In-field experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in scheduling inspections, agency communication, and coordination of permitting.
- Proficiency with building and updating project scheduling software such as MS Project, P6, similar CPM programs.
- Proficiency with project management software such as Projectmates, Procore, Prolog Manager, or similar tools.
- Self-motivated and organized with good time management skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; cooperative, yet assertive; self-disciplined. Strong track record of successful project field construction management on a variety of construction types and facility conditions.