Sr. Project Engineer
Bakersfield, CA Posted: 10/5/2021
Our client is seeking a Project Engineer to support engineering and design, and support construction management responsibilities that include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope.
This person will also be responsible for
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible
- Support internal engineering and design, and engineering subcontractors, with design review, as-builts, and other general engineering functions.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Monitor processes, materials, safety, job quality to detect or assess problems
- Coordinate inspections and interconnections with the customer, local jurisdiction, and the relevant utility.
- Ensure projects are completed within scheduled timeframes and budgets.Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or other applicable engineering disciplines.
- Minimum 8 years of Project Engineering experience supporting projects from Engineering/Design into Construction phase
- 8-15+ years experience on supporting oil & gas, chemical, or heavy industrial related projects.
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Already have an account? Log in here