Los Angeles, CA Posted: 10/5/2021
They are seeking to fill a Project Engineer position to fulfill project management responsibilities that include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of projects. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of projects at their facility in Los Angeles, CA.
This person will also be responsible for
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company.
- Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheet and Word doc and trainable in other software such as Maintenance Management System.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Monitor processes, materials, safety, job quality to detect or assess problems
- Coordinate inspections and interconnections with the customer, local jurisdiction, and the relevant utility.
- Ensure projects are completed within scheduled timeframes and budgets.Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Project Management.
- Knowledge & exposure on maintenance tools and troubleshooting techniques. High focus on keeping projects on track.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to read drawings, prints and instruction manuals to determine proper steps to be taken for equipment preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs.
- Able to work split shift regularly from 9AM to 5:30 PM and is flexible for working first shift and OT as required.
- Work collaboratively with associates with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Dealing with ambiguity and priority setting
- Proven understanding of day to day business activities, reporting and operations.
- Detail oriented capable to see the big picture and apply this in expediting tasks.
- Computer literacy.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification preferred.
- Experience with Project Management Software
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and more
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Already have an account? Log in here