Norco, LA Posted: 10/5/2021
Location: Norco, La
Duration: Long term, Ongoing
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off
Work Schedule: 9/80 ( M-F and off every other Friday)
The Cost Analyst is a contract position hired to work under client's technical direction, policies, and procedures.
Position performs tasks associated with reviewing and analyzing business finances from overall budgets, turnarounds, projects, or maintenance according to Shell's project schedules and plans.
- Knowledgeable of standard business cost control procedures and practices
- Will become familiar with and comply with client's cost control procedures and practices
- Issue requisitioning requests for purchase orders to be issued to clients
- Perform work in a cost tracking tool (GSAP or P6)
- Review base cost data, budgets, balance sheets, invoices, timesheets, etc.
- Cost tracking of labor, materials, and other invoices
- Track headcount
- Prepare and issue routine reports
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing issues to managers
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in working with business cost data
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Understands and utilize standard auditing requirements
- Intermediate level in SAP, P6, GSAP, MS Excel, MS Word
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills
Already have an account? Log in here