Anacortes, WA Posted: 9/24/2021
PTS Advance is currently looking for a temporary Instrument Engineer in Anacortes, WA.
The Instrument Engineer will act as an Owner's representative reporting to the Engineering Area Team Supervisor. The Engineer will have responsibility for leading Instrumentation-focused projects, coordinating with other disciplines internal and external to the Refinery, and providing Instrumentation Engineering support across the site with a focus on new and existing instrumentation equipment and installations.
- Apply Instrument Engineering skills and knowledge in short- and long-term work to support and promote safe, reliable operation of Refinery assets.
- Manage multiple assignments in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Interact frequently with operations, technical, and maintenance team members, and with key refinery leaders and stakeholders, to ensure that project scopes are clearly defined and meet the requirements of the end users.
- Initiate and participate in management of change (MOC) reviews for applicable projects.
- Provide engineering support to others for the instrument portion of multi-disciplined projects, to ensure delivery of projects in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Provide specification and installation guidelines for instruments and instrumentation systems, ensuring compliance with all applicable refinery and industry standards and recommendations (e.g. ANSI, NFPA, API, ISA, NEMA.)
- Develop and/or review design drawings and specifications for projects to ensure they meet applicable standards.
- Prepare and present projects and justifications to Refinery Leadership for approval.
- Prepare cost and resource estimates for instrumentation projects and scopes.
- Manage project budgets and schedules within sanctioned requirements.
- Provide technical specifications to Procurement for sourcing/requisition activities.
- Perform cost/benefit analyses for technical solutions.
- Participate in technical reviews with project engineers, other engineering disciplines, equipment suppliers, engineering contractors, and/or consultants.
- Serve as project engineer on small instrumentation projects and work closely with Construction and Operations during field execution, commissioning, and start-up.
- Minimum 3 years of post-degree experience in the refining, petrochemical, or manufacturing industries with instrument systems and applications.
- Engineering experience in a refinery setting.
- Experience performing sizing, selection, and specification of field instrumentation including control valve sizing, thermowell vibration analysis, and orifice calculations.
- Experience participating in multi-disciplinary P&ID (piping and instrumentation diagram) reviews and PHA (Process Hazards Analysis) reviews, that reflect planned field changes.
- Experience supervising loop checks prior to commissioning.
- Experience with SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI).
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here