Claremont, CA Posted: 9/23/2021
Senior Piping Designer (Contract)
As a Senior Piping Designer you will support/lead the discipline design scope of a project(s). You will ensure conformance with applicable codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures. You will develop work processes, procedures and standards and perform training. You must have strong working knowledge of discipline design requirements, layout ability and 3D CAD SP3D methods as well as 2D AutoCad. Capacity to interface with clients, project managers and engineers, other discipline designers and project controls on large and small, single or multi-disciplined projects.
- Development and delivery of modeled solutions using the 3D integrated system application aligned to Process Piping discipline.
- Cooperation with all other disciplines in order to deliver clash free designs and good quality data and content that has been checked and reviewed.
- Preparation of drawings, lists or tables as deliverables for the project.
- Mark ups and red marks elaboration after checker's or engineer's comments,
- Layout and Plot Plan development for various Process Technologies using PDS modeling and SP3D.
- Assigning work to other Piping designers.
- Occasional trips to Client offices for detail design reviews.
- Occasional field trip to plant sites for field walk-down and inspections.
- 8-12 years experience of experience in the Petrochemical Industry.
- 8-12 years experience of experience with PDS (Microstation applications)
- 8-12 years experience with SP3D.
- 8-12 years experience of Layout and Plot plan development experience.
- Previous experience in a leadership role within a Piping discipline.
- Current working knowledge with Intergraph Smart Plant 3D.
Already have an account? Log in here