The Senior Contract Analyst will own the process of confirming transactional terms and conditions for all commercial activity. This role requires a detailed-oriented individual with the ability to handle multiple tasks, remain organized, meet time commitments, and ensure transactions are accurate and complete. Key duties for this role include: confirming contractual obligations with internal/external counterparties; automating current processes and leaning out inefficiencies driven by manual processes; implementing improvements in enterprise-systems that improve scalability for growing business segments.
Candidates should be experienced in digitizing work products, designing or improving work flows, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders. In addition, candidates will demonstrate mastery of reviewing, interpreting, and processing contracts in a high-volume environment.
Successful candidates are detail-oriented, have strong time management skills, work will in a team, possesses excellent communication skills (orally and written), and able to resolve conflicts with internal and external customers. This position is highly interactive and works hand-in-hand with the commercial organization as well as across the finance organization, legal, and various levels of management. These interactions require assertiveness while employing diplomacy. High proficiency in information and technology tools must be demonstrated for both internal systems and Microsoft Office applications. Familiarity with the energy business is a plus but not required.
- Ensure contracts and transactions are captured in the system of record both accurately and completely
- Demonstrate diplomacy resolving issues or discrepancies in contract terms and conditions within contractual time constraints (for both internal and external customers)
- Improve processes with lean and/or six sigma skills to eliminate waste and improve scalability
- Utilize systems to digitize manual processes and improve service levels
- Build knowledge of the company, processes, and customers to master job responsibilities
- Perform a broad range of assignments and tasks while remaining highly organized
- Work independently with a moderate level of guidance
- Understand business terms and products in relation to assigned job duties
- Train and mentor new team members
- Tracks KPIs and use trends to correct root cause issues
- Ensure electronic records are organized and contain auditable evidence in the event discrepancies need to be resolved
Minimum Required Education:
▪ Bachelor's degree / Professional
Minimum Required Experience:
▪ 4+ years of relevant experience in finance, accounting, audit, legal, or employing lean / six sigma principles
Certifications/Licenses Required (If Applicable):
▪ Lean or Six Sigma Certificate
▪ 6+ years of relevant experience in finance, accounting, audit, legal, or employing lean / six sigma principles
▪ Microsoft Office certification and/or training (intermediate to advanced skill levels)