Gas Facility Project Manager
Fountain Valley, CA Posted: 9/21/2021
Our client is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Southern California. They have nearly 40 years of experience in effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities.
We have excellent opportunities for experienced Project Managers to lead dynamic engineering and design teams on many diverse and challenging projects for gas utility and midstream transportation clients.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Orchestrate the execution of engineering and design projects for gas utility facilities, resulting in the successful completion of projects and the development of working relationships and continuing business with clients. Typical projects include modifications and upgrades to compressor stations, storage facilities, meter stations and pressure letdown stations.
- Lead multidiscipline engineering and design teams in the development of project scope, budgets and schedules; preparation of proposals; preparation of feasibility studies and preliminary design reports; and the directing and management of multiple projects.
- Conduct the effective planning, efficient execution, and successful completion of projects, delivering the project on time and within the prescribed budget.
- Assist in staffing decisions regarding members of the project team, assigning the work, and assuring its successful and timely completion.
- Manage sub-consultants to assure adequate coordination between offices, and to manage their work product.
- Act as a capable leader and a positive representative in dealing with the client and in directing and expediting the work.
- Ensure expected results, specifically: excellence in quality of work performed, client communication and satisfaction, efficient staff utilization, client satisfaction for ongoing client referrals, as well as excellence of office reputation, contract management, billing collection and project profitability. The Project Manager is also responsible for assisting in the development of personnel through effective work assignments on the projects, and through appropriate coaching and mentoring.
- 2 years of engineering and design project management experience for gas systems. Gas utility experience in California is strongly preferred.
- B.S. Degree in engineering or related field is required.
- Experience planning and executing multidiscipline work including mechanical, piping, civil, structural, electrical and control systems is required.
- Strong technical understanding of construction documents and basic engineering documents such as P&IDs and single line diagrams is required.
- Experience in consulting (or EPC with Design & Engineering capability) is preferred.
- Professional Engineering license is preferred.
- Project Management certification is preferred.
- Experience managing or coordinating with construction contractors is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively with team members in both verbal and written form.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD is preferred.
- Local candidates are preferred.
Already have an account? Log in here