Project Engineer/Project Manager
Richmond, CA Posted: 8/20/2021
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Engineer / Project Manager with Construction and Owners rep experience for a long-term contract in Richmond, CA. This project will start in 1-3 months and will last not less than 18-24 months with more projects in the pipeline so could go up to 3 years.
Looking for 10 plus years of experience as a Project Manager (Owners Rep) with construction experience. It involves building tanks and rails, utilities such as boilers, steam headers, pumps.
Construction and Owners Engineer (rep) experience REQUIRED.
This position will manage a permitting engineering company, 1-2 other engineering companies to design it, and manage the construction.
- Perform work activities efficiently while continuously looking for cost-saving opportunities
- Coordinate a large number of activities at multiple project sites
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and engineering requirements associated with plant and facilities projects
- Identify resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Effectively apply methodology and enforce project standards
- Analyze and manage project risks minimizing financial exposure
- Verify project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Coordinate in house and external resources to ensure fully executed project responsibilities
- Work closely with the other departments while directing third party contractors to safely conduct projects
- Prepare weekly and monthly project progress reports such as cost forecasts using Excel and Word
- Develop execution plan for projects and making decisions to do the job
- Stay current with regulations, industry standards, and other applicable technologies
- BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in a Capital Project Management role in a plant and facilities environment and or pipeline projects
- Broad spectrum of capital projects experience in a midstream Oil and Gas industry including gas plants, fractionators, liquid pipeline, pump stations, gas pipeline, compressor stations, underground storage of Natural Gas and Natural Gas Liquids (preferred)
- Experience working in a detailed engineering and design role with solid upward movement into a recent Project Management role in an operating company environment is preferred
- Strong communication skills are required to ensure all project stakeholders and participants are informed and functioning with the goal of meeting and exceeding project execution plans
- Ability to lead and take complete responsibility of project planning, scheduling cost control, and contract administration
- Ability to detect the need for adjustments in the execution strategy and to successfully implement change
PTS Advance is and Equal Opportunity Employer
Already have an account? Log in here