Position Summary: The Construction Project Engineer is responsible for planning and coordinating technical engineering initiatives to ensure the successful construction of a waste to fuels project within budget and on schedule. The Construction Project Engineer must uphold project standards by researching compliance regulations and developing and playing a key role in project implementation plans.
* Participates in FEL 3 HAZOP, constructability, and value engineering reviews.
* Coordinates and manages all site and contractors" permits; coordinates with local authorities including SWPPP.
* Oversees document and revision control of all project documentation, including P&IDs, equipment details/drawings, as-built drawings, and RFI / change logs.
* Oversees field engineering efforts, including supervision of Site Field Engineer.
* Works closely with engineering and technology development teams in Clemson, SC.
* Reviews design and bidding documents to prepare quantity surveys of material and equipment. Estimates labor costs and material needs, prepares proposals, and establishes completion dates based on an analysis of project technical requirements.
* Solicits and evaluates vendor and contractor pricing in preparation for a complete project estimate. Collects and analyzes all project costs, including raw materials, labor, equipment, and tools to ensure estimates are accurate. Prepares and analyzes bid documents from subcontractors and vendors.
* Manages coordination of third-party vendor package design and installations.
* Transitions project from front-end engineering phase to construction phase in collaboration with the Site Manager; activities include developing procurement strategies, construction scheduling, and site planning.
* Reviews design options and recommends the best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
Construction Project Engineer
* Manages and maintains project documentation, records, and drawings for documenting and approving project changes of the plant and equipment following and PSM standards.
* Supports post-construction project commissioning, operation, and testing.
* Minimum of ten (10) years of large capital construction project engineering experience in the heavy industrial / manufacturing industry.
* B.S. degree in engineering is required.
* Must be capable of prioritizing multiple bids concurrently and possess the ability to complete estimates with accurate time and budget projections. Self-directed and self-motivated.
* To ensure the effective and safe performance of the job, the ability to effectively communicate in English with others, in both written and in verbal form is required, as well as reading and writing skills, and the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Successful completion of a post-contingent offer medical examination to ensure the physical requirements (listed below) necessary for the safe operation of or job-related as consistent with business necessity, as allowed by federal and state law, can be performed without endangering the health and safety of themselves or others.
* Company has made the determination that the performance of the essential functions of this position has safety-related implications. As a result, the position requires successful completion of a post-contingent offer drug and alcohol test and is subject to Drug and Alcohol Policy.
* Successful verification of information contained on employment application, as well as a background check.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as a professional and courteous attitude. Ability to prepare accurate and reliable reports using both technical and non-technical language. Ability to maintain detailed, complete and accurate records.
* Ability to effectively operate a computer using program applications appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities.
* Ability to organize projects, accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
* Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.