Project Manager- Refinery
Our client is a successful Engineering, Design and Project Management Company headquartered in Southern California. They have nearly 40 years of experience in effective System Planning, Engineering, and Coordinating of energy, process, utility, and water resource facilities.
They are seeking Project Manager to orchestrate the execution of engineering and design of refinery projects, resulting in the successful completion of projects and the development of working relationships and continuing business with clients in Los Angeles area and Orange County, CA.
Responsibilities will include:
- leads multi-discipline teams in the development of project scope, budgets and schedules
- preparation of proposals
- preparation of feasibility studies and preliminary design reports
- directing and management of multiple engineering and design projects
- effective planning, efficient execution, and successful completion of the project
- delivering the project on time and within the prescribed budget
- ultimate accountability for the success of the project, and meeting the client"s needs
- assists in staffing decisions regarding members of the project team, assigning the work, and assuring it's successful and timely completion
- ensure expected results, specifically: excellence in quality of work performed
- client communication and satisfaction
- efficient staff utilization
- client satisfaction for ongoing client referrals, as well as excellence of office reputation
- contract management, billing collection and project profitability.
- assisting in the development of personnel through effective work assignments on the projects, and through appropriate coaching and mentoring.
- project management or relevant, industry-specific project engineering experience leading to project management is required
- Looking for minimum 5- 10+ years experience with multiple years of refinery experience.
- must be a capable leader and a positive representative in dealing with the client and in directing and expediting the work.
- must be able to ensure that the terms of the contract are followed and secure supplemental agreements, as required
- must be capable of running several projects at a time
- must be able to manage the project schedules, budgets, and deliverables using Microsoft Project and/or Primavera.
- maximize the quality of our deliverables and service, assuring quality control procedures are implemented and maintained for each area of the project.
- must be able to estimate and negotiate the cost of the professional services, as well as job cost tracking and change order management
- coordinate, supplement, and synthesize the cost estimating work of the disciplines.
- must know company offerings, expand the scope of their existing clients, and be able to discuss all the services the company has to offer.
- must be able to organize and prepare client proposals and presentations for current project updates and potential jobs.
- engineering and design experience in small to medium-sized projects, and be familiar with codes, standards, equipment
- may also sometimes be a technical lead in his/her area of expertise, as needed for the project. will be able to participate in the scope development
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree is preferred.
- PE and PMP certifications are also beneficial.
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!
PTS Staffing offers a comprehensive benefits package for qualified employees which includes Medical (with employer contribution), Dental, Vision, 401k program, direct deposit, and the option to accrue PTO
PTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer